Surprise! 5 Creative and Sneaky Ways to Announce a Pregnancy
Yay, you’re expecting! And now you’re ready to announce your pregnancy to your family and friends! Pregnancy is a beautiful and special time, and announcing it should be just as special. But how will you announce it to the world?
Well, you’re in luck! Here are five creative and sneaky ways to announce your pregnancy. We’ll also provide some tips for pulling off a successful pregnancy announcement. So without further ado, let’s get started!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Organize a Family Group Photo and Say “I’m pregnant!”
Organizing a family group photo can be a great way to let family and friends know that a new family member is on the way! This sneaky pregnancy announcement can be done through a variety of methods.
First, take a family photo with the expecting parents holding a sonogram or a sign that reads “We’re expecting!” Then gather everyone around to see the photo and marvel at their reactions!
Another sneaky way to announce your pregnancy in a family photo is to have everyone shout “Say we’re pregnant!” instead of “Say Cheese!”. And instead of having your camera on photo mode, have it on video mode. This way, you can look back at everyone’s reactions and shocked faces!
Giving a Gift
Giving a gift is a great way to get creative and announce your pregnancy in a fun and unexpected way. It’s even better if it’s an occasion where gifts are already going to be exchanged, such as a birthday celebration or holiday party!
Here are some gift ideas for a pregnancy announcement.
Announcement Onesies or T-shirts
Choose a mug that promotes your family member: “Best Grandma”, “Best Grandpa”, “Best Auntie”, etc. Some mugs have a hidden message on the inside that won’t be revealed until the gift receiver gets to the bottom!
Pregnancy announcement puzzle.
The receiver will get the announcement when they finish the puzzle!
Hosting an Event to Announce Your Pregnancy
Host a game night and break the news during a game! It’s a low-stress setting where you can share your exciting news in a fun way. If you host game night often, nobody will have a clue that you’re about to announce something special!
- Board or Card Game. You can announce the pregnancy during a board game or card game. For example, you could have each player draw a card with a message on it. Whoever draws the card with the pregnancy announcement on it gets to be the first one to know!
- Charades. You could also have everyone play charades and have someone act out clues related to pregnancy (like eating ice cream, having cravings, etc.). Whoever guesses correctly gets to hear the news first!
- Scavenger Hunt. Create a scavenger hunt with clues that lead your loved ones on a journey around your home or neighborhood. The final clue should lead them to you with the big news! You can also organize a virtual scavenger hunt to announce your pregnancy over Skype or FaceTime. This is a great way to involve family and friends who live far away.
Announcing Your Pregnancy with Food
You can also announce your pregnancy with food and let the food do the talking. It’s a fun way to surprise your loved ones while still enjoying delicious snacks. Plus, who doesn’t love food?!
- Custom cookies or candy. You can make custom cookies or candy with messages like “We’re Expecting!” or “Happy Baby News!”
- Custom cake or cupcakes. You can also make a cake with the exciting news written in icing.
- Fortune cookie. Place a fortune inside the cookie that reveals your news.
- Message in a bottle. Place a message in a bottle with the big news and give it to your family and friends.
Involving An Older Sibling or Pets
If you already have an older sibling or a pet, you can involve them in your announcement. You can get creative with this – use some props, take a photo, or make a video to share the news. It’s sure a fun and unique way to announce your pregnancy to your family!
- Older sibling. Have the older sibling wear a shirt that says “I’m going to be a big brother/sister!”. Another option is to have them hold a sign that says “I’m getting a sibling”.
- Pets. Have your pet wear a shirt or bandana with the big news. You can also put a sign around their neck that reads “My humans are having a baby!”
Tips for Pulling Off a Successful Pregnancy Announcement
Making a pregnancy announcement can be a very exciting and emotional event for a couple. It marks the beginning of a new phase in the life of the couple. And now that you know five creative and sneaky ways to announce a pregnancy! Here are some tips for pulling off a successful pregnancy announcement.
- Get the timing right. Before announcing your pregnancy, make sure to consider the timing. Is it the appropriate time to share the news? Is it an appropriate event? For example, you wouldn’t want to announce during somebody else’s celebration (birthday, wedding, baby shower, etc).
- Have a plan. Before you make your announcement, make sure you have a plan in place. Think about who you want to tell and how you want to tell them.
- Keep it simple. There’s no need to go overboard with your announcement. Keep it simple and make sure it conveys the message you want to share.
- Be mindful of others’ feelings. When making your announcement, be mindful of the feelings of others. Not everyone may be as excited as you are, so try to be sensitive to their reactions and feelings.
- Capture the moment. Don’t forget to capture the moment by taking pictures or shooting videos of the reaction of your family and friends when you make the big reveal!
- Have fun. Most importantly, have fun with your announcement. This is a special moment and you should enjoy it!
Sneakily Announce Your Pregnancy!
Congratulations! Now you know five creative and sneaky ways to announce a pregnancy. From photo shoots to scavenger hunts, there are so many fun and unique ways to share your news. Just remember to have a plan, keep it simple, get creative, and have fun!
Comment below on how you place on sneakily announcing your pregnancy!